Suggestion Reqd for Designing a Website in Python

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Feb 25 02:36:36 EST 2011

joy99 <subhakolkata1234 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Dear Group,
>I have developed one big Machine Learning software a Machine
>Translation system in Python.
>Now, I am thinking to make a User Interface of it and upload it in a
>web site.

Do you mean you want people to download this from a web site as an
executable, and then run it locally on their computers?  Or do you mean you
want people to use this as a web site, using their web browsers?  The
answers are very different.

>My questions are:
>(i) For Designing an interface I am choosing Tkinter. Is it fine?
>(ii) How to connect this interface with my Tkinter based interface -
>should I have to recode the whole system?
>(iii) After designing I want to upload now how to do the server side
>scripting?

Question (i) implies that you want the first option (download an executable
and run it).  Question (iii) implies the second (that you want your app to
run on a web server so people use it through your browser).  Please
clarify.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.