Python getting stuck

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 20:10:09 EST 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Corey Richardson <kb1pkl at aim.com> wrote:

> On 02/26/2011 06:55 PM, Shanush Premathasarathan wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > When I use cut, copy, paste, and any keyboard shortcuts, Python freezes
> and I am unable to use Python. Please Help as quick as possible!!!
>
> What OS? Are you using the standard interpreter? Are you using IDLE,
> bpython, etc? What key combination are you using?
>
> My instinctive guess is that you are trying to Ctrl-C to copy something
> in the interpreter, which actually just raises a KeyboardInterrupt
> exception. However your additional symptoms seem to indicate otherwise.
>
> A more verbose description is needed.
> --
> Corey Richardson
> --

Agreed, a more detailed description would greatly help us help you, but if
you're in the standard windows terminal emulator widget (command.com,
cmd.exe, powershell), then don't click in the window without first turning
on "quick edit" mode.  Otherwise the emulator will just act silly.

It's kind of astonishing that any computer company would allow such an
annoying bug to live so long.