how to properly pass literal strings python code to be executed using python -c

jmoons jentzen.mooney at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 13:59:01 EST 2011

I need some help figuring out how to execute this python code from
python -c
I am have trouble formatting python so that it will execute for
another app in cmd I understand there maybe other ways to do what I am
doing but I am limited by the final execution using cmd python -c so
please keep this in mind.
I'm limited by the final delivery of code. The python is being called
by a server that does not have access to any python script file

So I have some python code ie,

import os
import shutil

myPath =r"C:\dingdongz"
for root, dirs, files in os.walk(myPath):
    for file in files:
        os.remove(os.path(root, file))
    for dir in dirs:
        shutil.rmtree(os.path.join(root,dir))

But I am trying to excute it using the following method, python -c
"print 'hotdogs'"

So this what i have but no worky

cmdline = "\" import os, shutil \n for root, dirs, files in
os.walk("+myPath+"):\n \t for file in files: \n \t \t
os.remove(os.path.join(root, file)) \n \t for dir in dirs: \n \t\t
shutil.rmtree(os.path.join(root, dir))"

I have also tried the following
python -c "import os; import shutil; for root, dirs, files in
os.walk('+myPath+'): for file in files: os.remove(os.path.join(root,
file)); for dir in dirs: shutil.rmtree(os.path.join(root, dir))"

I am still getting error tree(os.path.join(root, dir)) ^ SyntaxError:
invalid syntax