encoding

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 12:35:33 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Verde Denim <tdldev at gmail.com> wrote:
> All
> I'm a bit new to py coding and need to setup some code to encode/decode base
> 128.
> Anyone here have some info they can point me to do get this done? I've been
> looking around on the web for a few days and can't seem to lay my hands on
> anything definitive.
> Thanks in advance for your help.

First, why do you want to do this?  I ask because there is probably a
better way to achieve what you want.  I'm not aware of a standard for
"base 128", and it does not sound to me like something that would be
very useful.

Base 64 is commonly used as an encoding system because it fits inside
the 94 printable characters of ASCII and is easily implemented.  It is
also provided by the Python standard library.  Why not use this
instead?

Cheers,
Ian