QWebView: notify python when I clicked on a certain web eleemnt

Дамјан Георгиевски gdamjan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 11:09:12 EST 2011

> I have a web page (existing page, can't modify it) and I would like
> to browse it in a QtWebview. (This is already working)
>
> Now I Wonder how I could achieve following behaviour:
>
> When I click on a certain element e.g. "<span id="clickme"></a>"
> I would like to notify my python script.
>
> What is important:
> I don't want to change anything else in the web pages behaviour (This
> means if clicking on this element will call some java script
> functions, load a pag, then this should still happen.

You can inject JavaScript using the method
QWebElement::evaluateJavaScript()

Also you can insert a Python object in the JS runtime with
QWebFrame::addToJavaScriptWindowObject()
see here:
http://pysnippet.blogspot.com/2010/01/calling-python-from-javascript-in-
pyqts.html

so make a Python object with some methods you'd wish to call, then
evaluate some small JS that will bind the click event on your element to
the method of the Python object.

--
дамјан ((( http://damjan.softver.org.mk/ )))

Teaching a pig to sing wastes your time & annoys the pig.