Installing dependencies in Windows

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Tue Feb 22 15:01:42 EST 2011

In <b832cf61-7712-4101-a72d-777d2bdb716a at l14g2000pre.googlegroups.com> RVince <rvince99 at gmail.com> writes:

> Im installing to a Win7 machine, duplicating a CentOS setup. The
> dependences in CentOs for a particular project are:
> _ldap.so
> dsml.py
> easy-install.pth
> ldap
> ldapurl.py
> ldapurl.pyc
> ldapurl.pyo
> ldif.py
> libxml2.py
> libxml2.pyc
> libxml2mod.a
> libxml2mod.la
> libxml2mod.so
> libxslt.py
> libxslt.pyc
> libxsltmod.a
> libxsltmod.la
> libxsltmod.so

> I have easy_install setup in windows. These are the non-egg
> dependencies I need to install in Windows. Where do I get them ? Where
> do I put them? (I assume the .so files will be .dll in Windows, but I
> dont know where to get these, put these) Anyone have a clue on this?
> Thanks.

I got the libxml files from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/lxml/2.3 and then
following the Downloads link.  On my local Windows (XP) machine, I
installed them in C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages .

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears