How to compile on OS X PPC? was: Re: [RELEASED] Python 3.2

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 23 16:15:19 EST 2011

On 23-02-11 02:15, Ned Deily wrote:

> Unfortunately, this is a variation of an old issue that hasn't yet been
> fixed (http://bugs.python.org/issue1099).  The simplest workaround is to
> include the --enable-universalsdk option to configure, so something like
> this:
>
> ./configure --enable-framework --enable-universalsdk=/

Thank you Ned! That did the trick.
I'm not entirely sure what that option does (it seemed to fail when not
specifying it as '/', and '/' seems an odd location to set it to if it's
meant to be a filesystem path), but hey, the compilation succeeded.

> Another solution is to use the 3.2 32-bit installer for Mac OS X from
> python.org:
>     http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2/

Yep, maybe I should have. I just like to tinker around too much myself I
suppose :-)

Thanks again.
Irmen de Jong