question about numpy.polyval

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 11:15:55 EST 2011

On 2/28/11 9:34 AM, sirvival wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some simulated data of stellar absorption lines.

You will want to ask numpy questions on the numpy mailing list:

   http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

It would be best if you could make a minimal, self-contained, runnable script
that demonstrates your problem. I.e. provide x and y arrays that show the
problem; all the details about chunking and such are just getting in the way.
Please state what results you expect in addition to the results you got; you
show plots but don't show exactly what you plotted. I have no idea what you were
expecting to get. Make sure you use variable names consistently. For example,
you refer to a "plot of fita", but nothing in your code assigns to "fita".

Thanks.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."