Trying to decide between PHP and Python

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue Jan 4 21:32:17 EST 2011

In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.1101050239500.7570 at tau.ceti.pl>,
 Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.com.pl> wrote:

> Heh. One day, guys, when you have nothing better to do, try writing a
> parser for Lisp-like language (Common Lisp, Scheme, whatever). After that,
> do the same with some other language of your preference (Python, Java,
> whatever). Compare time and code spent...

There is no doubt that lisp is easy to parse.  Even I can increment a
counter every time I see '(' and decrement it every time I see ')'.
But, computers are there to make life easy on people, not the other way
around.

There.  Now that I've tossed some gasoline on the language wars fire,
I'll duck and run in the other direction :-)