apscheduler error

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Jan 7 22:49:54 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 17:08 -0800, linna li wrote:
> I tried to use the apscheduler and used the sample code below from the
> tutorial, but got the error message: Exception in thread APScheduler
> (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown). What's going on
> here? I really appreciate any help!
>
> from apscheduler.scheduler import Scheduler
>
> sched = Scheduler()
> sched.start()
>
> def some_job():
>     print "Decorated job"
>
> sched.add_interval_job(some_job,minutes=1)

I see this same error when I run this code (python-2.6.5-3.3.1.x86_64)

I develop an application that uses APScheduler
<http://pypi.python.org/pypi/APScheduler/1.0>, the scheduler works very
well.  But I haven't used it in exactly this manner.

If I add -
import time
time.sleep(300)
- to the end of your script I don't get the error; and the job actually
gets run [the scheduler thread won't stop the main thread, and thus the
script, from exiting].

The author of APScheduler has an eponymously named channel on FreeNode,
he can probably answer your question exactly.