Ideas for a module to process command line arguments

Alice Bevan–McGregor alice at gothcandy.com
Tue Jan 11 09:37:28 EST 2011

On 2011-01-11 00:32:32 -0800, Michele Simionato said:
> On Jan 11, 8:25 am, Alice Bevan–McGregor <al... at gothcandy.com> wrote:
>> I got tired of using PasteScript and OptParse.  Mostly OptParse, actually.  :/
>
> It's a pity that the argument parsing modules in the standard library
> are so verbose that everybody is reinventing the same thing :-( It
> looks like you have reinvented plac: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plac

And a package called `commandline`.  There are many command line
parsing modules, many of which are unmaintained, few have reached 1.0.

My criteria for 1.0?  100% unit test coverage, complete documentation,
compatibility with 2.6+ and 3.1+ within a single package.
marrow.script meets that criteria, do the others?  :)

	- Alice.