Career path - where next?

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Thu Jan 13 14:33:48 EST 2011

Hank Fay wrote:

> From a selfish (to you and to me <s>) perspective, may I suggest
 > the pyjamas (pyjs.org) project and accompanying visual designer
 > (http://pyjsglade.sourceforge.net), which brings the GWT widgets
 > to Python, for desktop and web apps.  Selfish to me because I'm
 > porting our VFP framework to there over the next year or so.
 > To you because, well, you've been spoiled by having the most
 > productive data-oriented software development framework available,
 > past or present, for maybe as many years as have I (21 at this point,
 > started with FoxPro 1.0), and that's the end result at which I'm
 > aiming.

Hank,

I have a dbf* package which supports VFP dbf files up to 6, and I would
like to implement support for compound index files.  So far, I have been
unable to locate the algorithms necessary to do so.

If you have any information that would help me, I would be very grateful!

~Ethan~

*http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dbf/0.88.16