[OT] Python like lanugages [was Re: After C++, what with Python?]

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Jan 16 05:26:23 EST 2011

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 09:47:35 +0000, Tim Harig wrote:

> One of the things that gives me hope
> for Go is that it is backed by Google so I expect that it may gain some
> rather rapid adoption.  It has made enough of a wake to grab one of
> Eweek's 18 top languages for 2011.

If the author thinks that Go is a "tried and true" (his words, not mine)
language "where programmers can go to look for work", I think he's
fooling himself.

When I design my new language, I will make sure I choose a name such that
any attempt to search for it on job sites will produce oodles and oodles
and oodles of false positives, all the better to ensure that simple-
minded "top language of ..." surveys will give a massively inflated job
count.

I think I'll call it "Salary".

--
Steven