examples of realistic multiprocessing usage?

TomF tomf.sessile at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 14:05:37 EST 2011

I'm trying to multiprocess my python code to take advantage of multiple
cores.  I've read the module docs for threading and multiprocessing,
and I've done some web searches.  All the examples I've found are too
simple: the processes take simple inputs and compute a simple value.
My problem involves lots of processes, complex data structures, and
potentially lots of results.  It doesn't map cleanly into a Queue,
Pool, Manager or Listener/Client example from the python docs.

Instead of explaining my problem and asking for design suggestions,
I'll ask: is there a compendium of realistic Python multiprocessing
examples somewhere?  Or an open source project to look at?

Thanks,
-Tom