__pycache__, one more good reason to stck with Python 2?

jmfauth wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 03:58:14 EST 2011

On Jan 18, 6:07 am, Terry Reedy <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
> This is the 21-year-old behavior now changed.

Yes, you summarized the situation very well. The way of
working has changed and probably more deeply that one
may think.

It is now practically impossible to launch a Python
application via a .pyc file. (For the fun, try to add
the "parent directory" of a cached file to the sys.path).

About the caches, I'am just fearing,  they will
become finally garbage collectors of orphan .pyc files,
Python has seed/seeded(?). The .pyc files may not be
very pleasant, but at least you can use them and you
have that "feeling" of their existence.
I my "computer experience", once you start to cache/hide
something for simplicity, the problems start.

May be it a good move for Python, I do not feel very
comfortable with all this stuff.