move to end, in Python 3.2 Really?

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Tue Jan 18 13:55:57 EST 2011

On 1/18/2011 9:10 AM rantingrick said...
> On Jan 18, 10:54 am, MRAB<pyt... at mrabarnett.plus.com>  wrote:
>
>> Decisions are made after open discussion (although we're not sure about
>> "move to end" :-)). You shouldn't complain about not being consulted if
>> you don't take the time to join in...
>
> Well don't get wrong i want to join in --not that i have all the
> solutions-- however python-dev is a dangerous place for the
> uninitiated. And we can't have thousands and thousands of posts
> clogging up the main pool because that would only serve to slow the
> process to a grinding hault.
>
> However, we need some way that the average Python programmer can speak
> up and be heard when any subject that he/she is passionate about comes
> before the "council". These folks probably don't want to participate
> in the highly competitive environment of Python dev. However they may
> have very good ideas. I think we are doing this community a dis
> service by not giving these voices an outlet.
>
> We need either some way to vote outside of Python dev. i think it
> would be much easier to just have a site where all proposals can be
> viewed by anyone and they can offer input without clogging up Python
> dev with noob questions or bad ideas. Then the "council" can review
> these suggestions and make a more informed decision. Some might say
> "well that is what blogs and c.l.py is for" and i say wrong. I believe
> more folks would get involved if they felt that the medium was real.
> c.l.py is not that place (although it could be with some changes) and
> python.dev is not that place.
>
> I am open to any ideas you may have.

Brett Cannon used to (still does?) prepare twice monthly summaries of
activity on python-dev which provided insight as to what was happening
on that side of things.  I don't know if he or anyone else still does
so, but if so, a copy to this list would at least let everyone know if
something was happening that you might want to weigh in on.

see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.devel/43893

Emile