__pycache__, one more good reason to stck with Python 2?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 16:18:51 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
> Stefan Behnel wrote:
>
>> Peter Otten, 18.01.2011 10:04:
>>> What's the advantage of 'find ... | xargs ...' over 'find ... -exec ...'?
>>
>> The former runs in parallel, the latter runs sequentially.
>
> This may sometimes be relevant, but I doubt that it matters in this
> particular case.

I don't think xargs is ever parallel, but GNU parallel is supposed to
be a parallel tool with options and usage similar to those/that of
xargs:
http://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/

xargs' main advantages are:
1) Simpler quoting (correctness), especially if you use (GNU) "find
-print0" with "xargs -0"
2) Far fewer exec's, which usually means much better performance