Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:36:27 EST 2011

On Jan 18, 4:57 pm, Adam Skutt <ask... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 4:45 pm, Arndt Roger Schneider <arndt.ro... at addcom.de>

> > E.g. a button is:
> > A function gets asychnronously performed in response to
> > a finger/mouse click and release inside a certain screen area.
>
> No, that is not the definition of a 'button', not even when we choose
> to ignore how it is rendered, which you cannot ignore even if you wish
> to pretend you can.  Otherwise, I could always treat hyperlinks and
> buttons as equivalent and even interchangeable.  Unfortunately, they
> are no such things.

What! YES it is Adam! And you just exposed yourself as an
argumentative moron!

A hyperlink and a button are EXACTLY the same thing "functionality"
wise. The fact that they look different has nothing to do with the
argument. Would you say that a Ford Escort and a Dodge Viper do not
function in basically the same way. Sure one looks much prettier and
goes much faster however they both have four wheels, and engine, a
drivetrain, an outer shell, burn gasoline, and are basically people
movers. In other words they are both cars! *slap*

> > --A widget is essentially a logical abstraction.
>
> No, as much as we try we cannot divorce presentation from behavior
> fully.

More argumentative crap. Adam you are incapable of compromise or
reason... or maybe both. Try more facts next time.