Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Wed Jan 19 09:32:45 EST 2011

Octavian,

Thank you for clearly articulating your concern that Tk does not provide
any support for screen readers.

While I believe that people can have legitimate differences of opinion
as to whether this merits its removal/replacement from stdlib, there is
no question that this is a serious and significant limitation of Tk.

I will attempt to find out if there has been any work done in this area
with Tk, and what it would take to address this important issue.

Thanks again
Mark