Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 11:18:47 EST 2011

From: "Mark Roseman" <mark at markroseman.com>
> Octavian,
>
> Thank you for clearly articulating your concern that Tk does not provide
> any support for screen readers.
>
> While I believe that people can have legitimate differences of opinion
> as to whether this merits its removal/replacement from stdlib, there is
> no question that this is a serious and significant limitation of Tk.
>
> I will attempt to find out if there has been any work done in this area
> with Tk, and what it would take to address this important issue.
>
> Thanks again
> Mark

Thank you Mark. I don't have anything against Tk, Gtk or QT or other GUI libs, but I just shown why some interfaces are much better than others, for very important reasons, which unfortunately can't be seen, so many programmers don't know about them and promote the discrimination without wanting to do that.

Octavian