Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 17:01:12 EST 2011

On Jan 19, 3:51 pm, Grant Edwards <inva... at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 2011-01-19, Octavian Rasnita <orasn... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which of my statements was "not true"?
>
>  1) On all of my computers wxPython uses Gtk.
>
>  2) There are other backend choices on Linux besides Gtk.
>
>  3) Gtk is by far the most common wxWidgets backend on Linux/Unix.
>
>  4) If Gtk is bad then wxPython is bad.
>
> Note that 4) follows logically from 3), so to say that 4) is "not
> true" you have to show that 3) is "not true".

All of these folks that keep blabbing about how they may need "this"
dependency or "that" dependency on Linux/Unix either need to shut up
or convert to a windows box with a nice installer exe that will hold
your wiener while you pee. Really, you're only going to fool the
lemmings with such BS arguments! Stop whining, you choose to use an
advanced OS and stop blaming the rest of the world because of your
choices!