Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Thu Jan 20 12:13:37 EST 2011

On 20/01/2011 15:11, rantingrick wrote:
> On Jan 20, 6:30 am, Bill Felton<subscripti... at cagttraining.com>
> wrote:

[snip]
>> As one of 'the people' who is presumably the focus of rantingrick's
>> concern, let me assure him Tkinter is a non-issue. MIchael is more
>> in touch with my issues than rr.
>
> FYI you are NOT one of the people that is the focus of my concern
> because YOU only see the world from a limited viewpoint. And i never
> proposed to solve every Python programmers problems. You completely
> misunderstand my intentions (along with everyone else!). I  do not
> believe in "Utopian dreams". Some people will never be happy with the
> state of Python and that is OK. However, the goal is to keep the
> majority happy AND keep Python "presentable" and "competitive" for the
> next decade. I am sorry you don't fit into any of these categories but
> that is your own fault. Why? Because you are not concerned with the
> community as a whole. You are only concerned with YOURSELF. You are
> displaying both selfishness and ignorance at the same time. We don't
> care what selfish people think and we care even less what the ignorant
> think. If you decide to become a "team player" then you will be a part
> of this community. Lucky for you ignorance and selfishness are
> reversible personality traits.

So you're going to lead the "peasants" (your word) whether they like it
or not, and any who don't want to follow are clearly being selfish and
ignorant?

Have you ever thought that if everyone is misunderstanding your
intentions, then perhaps you're doing something wrong?

(BTW, welcome to Pythonia, Bill! Most of us are friendly. :-))