statement level resumable exception

ilejn ilja.golshtein at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 12:32:14 EST 2011

Hello!

I have a sequence of a function calls. Basically it looks like

f(arg1)
f(arg2)
f(argN)

though real arguments are complex multilayer lists.

The problem is some arguments are not known and I get NameError
exceptions.

The solutions I know
1. wrap every f call in try/except block
2. make (currently global) argument attributes of a class and use
__getattr__ to convert unknown attributes to something recognizable by
f.

Is it possible to use something more elegant?
I had a hope decorators are helpful here, though apparently they are
not ...
Suggestions?

Thanks.

PS. The question is about Python 2.4