HTSQL 2.0 RC1 -- a Query Language for the Accidental Programmer

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Sat Jan 22 12:13:11 EST 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:25 -0800, "rusi" <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2:45 am, "Clark C. Evans" <c... at clarkevans.com> wrote:
> > Kirill Simonov and myself would like to introduce HTSQL, a novel
> > approach to relational database access which is neither an ORM
> > nor raw SQL.
>
> Given the claim htsql is higher level than sql I am interested in
> bill-of-materials type (recursive) queries.

Rusi,

HTSQL 2.0 does not yet support SQL's common table expressions.
However, this particular use case, along with CUBE, server-side
stored procedures, and related needs is what made us branch
from our 1.X production release.  Our immediate focus is SQL-92.
Once we cover most SELECT patterns and SQL back-ends, we'll be
looking at SQL:1999, SQL:2003, and SQL:2008 (as well as
proprietary equivalents such as Oracle's CONNECT BY).

Best,

Clark