WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 12:21:27 EST 2011

On Jan 23, 7:35 am, Adam Skutt <ask... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 7:07 pm, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:

> You first.  Write actual working code first and then you can challenge
> people.

The code does work. You just lack the skill to run it.

> I found 5 bugs in your code before I quit looking[1].

What are these "so-called" bugs exactly? Remember this code is not
meant to WOW anyone. It is a challenge to anybody who can reproduce
the same functionality in Tkinter. The main point is to create a
ListCtrl that has two view modes, icons, and editable items. You lack
simple reading and comprehension skills Adam.

> Can you
> find and fix them all?  Also, I'm entirely ignoring the bad styling,

This is not a challenge about code styling.

> bad default sizing,

This is not a challenge about pretty GUIs.

>  horrible UI, the fact you call rename "Edit",

pedantic troll!

>  and
> the fact the context menu doesn't do anything.

THIS IS A SIMPLE EXAMPLE FILE VIEWER. We don't to actually rename and
delete files you moron. Get a life.

Adam you were one of the biggest trolls in the "other" thread. We
don't need you trolling up this one too. Can you write any code? I
have produced code and no one has offered a rebuttal using the Tkinter
module. This is because only a handful of the entire community has the
skills to create something like this with Tkinter. I am one of them,
Kevin is another, Guido is another, and there are a very few more.
HOWEVER YOU ARE NOT IN THIS GROUP ADAM. You are a troll, and that is
all you can do. Prove me wrong if you can...