WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:23:13 EST 2011

On Jan 23, 1:42 pm, Adam Skutt <ask... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2:07 pm, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well then post a traceback.
>
> None of these issues will supply a traceback; in fact, in some of
> these cases, you went out of your way to ensure that would not
> happen.

psst: thats because they are FEATURES and NOT BUGS you idiot! I am not
trying to create a working file browser so you can steal my code. No.
I am displaying one use case for a very useful widget. I repeat, i am
not going to code up a free file browser for you Adam. Get a life!

> >  However you still miss the point. You will do anything to distract
> > from the point. And what IS that point? Well that Tkinter is
> > lackluster 20 years old rotware
>
> The fact it doesn't provide a control found almost exclusively in file
> browsers and open/save dialogs does not mean that it is "20 years old
> rotware".

A ListCtrl is useful for many, many purposes. Just one of them happens
to be a file browser. Your statement comes as no great surprise to us
because we all know how you severely lack any kind of vision or
abstract reasoning abilities.

> > and you need to resort to these BS tactics to discredit me because 1). You cannot even create a Tkinter
> > GUI at the basic level,
>
> I certainly can, but there's no point in demonstrating my skill when
> you cannot create a wxWidgets GUI at a basic level.

BS. You're scared, You're under qualified. And it shows. BIGTIME!

>  You made the
> challenge, you intentionally styled it as "rantingrick v. the world",
> so you need to actually bring something challenge worthy to the table
> first.

Where is the world Adam? I am the only one who has summited code.

> That includes picking a challenge that's interesting and not over a
> relatively minor widget in the grand scheme of things.

ListCtrl's are very useful. And i have many more challenges coming.
WxPython outshines all the competition by leaps and bounds. The
ListCtrl is just the beginning.

>  Qt, Swing,
> Gtk, and Win32 common controls[1] don't provide the same exact control
> either, should we view it as deficient?

Yes.

> But regardless of the challenge,

You keep trying to divert attention from the point. Sorry but you're
not going to fool anyone with this foolishness.

> I don't think you're capable of
> posting a worthwhile example, which is why you dismiss all the
> problems found with it instead of actually fixing the code.

Ditto! But at least i have some code to work with. Something to create
a fact based argument from. You have nothing but your own foolishness
to build from.

> > Post CODE Adam. Code! Surely you can handle copy/pasting a traceback i
> > hope!
>
> I certainly can.  I don't have much hope for you writing code that
> provides tracebacks, much less actually useful ones.

I suppose you gauge the quality of code by how many tracebacks are
printed. And it seems even more perverse that you expect code to spit
exceptions! And when code fails to spit exceptions you get angry about
it and claim the programmer is insufficient. Hmm, this would explain
why you have yet to provide us with working (or even semi-working)
code. Adam you are by far the most foolish person i have ever met.