WxPython versus Tkinter.

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Sun Jan 23 17:25:10 EST 2011

On 01/23/2011 05:08 PM, rantingrick wrote:
> On Jan 23, 3:11 pm, "Littlefield, Tyler"<ty... at tysdomain.com>  wrote:
>
>> if you can't manage to provide cross-platform bug-free code.
>
> No one has posted even one traceback Tyler (including yourself!). And
> until they do i will assume that my code is bug free. I know it to be
> bug free on windows. If and when someone *actually* provides proof
> (supported by a traceback) then i will take them seriously.

There are more types of bugs than syntax errors, which are one of the
only types of bug that raise exceptions in Python. Try looking at [1] or
[2].

Here is the output on my system (Linux Mint 64bit):

/home/corey/Downloads/Wx_Tk_Challenge/Bitmaps
  -- /home/corey/Downloads/Wx_Tk_Challenge/Bitmaps/file.bmp file.bmp
  -- /home/corey/Downloads/Wx_Tk_Challenge/Bitmaps/folder.bmp folder.bmp
  -- /home/corey/Downloads/Wx_Tk_Challenge/Bitmaps/link.bmp link.bmp
['folder', 'link', 'file']
Segmentation fault

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug#Common_types_of_computer_bugs
[2] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/s9ek7a19%28v=vs.80%29.aspx