WxPython versus Tkinter.

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Sun Jan 23 22:25:10 EST 2011

On 01/23/2011 09:47 PM, rantingrick wrote:
> On Jan 22, 6:07 pm, rantingrick<rantingr... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I await any challengers...
>
> CODE UPDATE:
>
>   * removed sys.maxint (not sure how it got there?)
>

> https://sites.google.com/site/thefutureofpython/home/code-challenges

In the example at
http://www.wxpython.org/OSCON2004/advanced/wxPython-Advanced-OSCON2004.pdf
they use sys.maxint, which may be where you got it (wild shot in the dark!).

The following result in a segfault:
-------item-1---------------------
list_item = wx.ListItem()
list_item.SetId(idx)
list_item.SetText(name)
list_item.SetWidth(50)
index = self.InsertItem(list_item)
-----------end--------------------

------item-2----------------------
self.InsertStringItem(idx, name)

The following will launch the application:
(drop in replacement for line 151):

index = self.SetStringItem(idx, 0, name)

No idea why, I've never used wxPython before today.
Unfortunately, it doesn't actually show the items in the directory.
Since I'm definitely not a wxPython user, would you mind making the
above work, rantingrick? Not trying to worm out of anything, but this
is way over my head.

~Corey