WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 08:04:44 EST 2011

On Jan 24, 2:56 am, "Martin v. Loewis" <mar... at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> Well Rick, this doesn't make look wxPython any better.

Well Martin this seems to be a Linux problem. And it may be a debian
problem. Every Google search i landed on with wxPython+imagelist
+sefault the user mentioned "debian"...hmm?. Has anybody tested this
on Unbuntu? And if it segfaults on Ubuntu that just means you Linux
guys need to do some debugging and offer a solution instead of
pointing fingers. Linux OS is not a hand holding OS so stop your belly
aching.

All you guys know damn good and we can make wxPython completely cross
platform. However the fact is that you DO NOT want to consider
wxPython so you're NOT going to actually put forth some solutions.
This thread has been an eye opener for myself and many people in the
fact that this community has both lost vision and the apathy is so
demoralizing that we cannot even work together to get some simple code
debugged. The spirit of community, and each helping one another, does
not exists!

Congratulations python community, you have failed yourself! :(