WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:57:55 EST 2011

On Jan 24, 11:39 am, Mark Roseman <m... at markroseman.com> wrote:
>  "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > But unfortunately it is not accessible for screen readers and it
> > discriminates many potential users.
>
> Octavian, thank you for very clearly making and repeating your point
> about screen readers.  It is very obvious that at this point in time Tk
> (and hence Tkinter) is not a suitable candidate if screen readers are an
> important concern.
>
> In an ideal world, every GUI would be fully accessible.  The reality is
> that sometimes, competing requirements will lead to accessibility being
> lower in the priority list than other things.  So with different
> requirements and priorities, the "best" solution will be different.
>
> I don't object and in fact commend you for advocating for accessibility.
> I do feel you are not acknowledging and fully respecting that others may
> be in situations where accessibility may not be the primary concern.

Why don't you just tell him to shut the hell up Mark? Anyone can see
that SHUT THE HELL UP is what you are implying here. Obviously you
guys are worried terribly about accessibility hurting your "one
dimensional" position of supporting the legacy TclTk. Otherwise you
would not make veiled threats like this. Your post is an obvious
veiled threat to anyone of average intelligence!

Octavian has already been threatened with the kill file by Ethan for
accidentally quoting me too much. You guys are very disappointing to
this community. Everyone here needs a voice. We must never engage in
behaviors that would limit speech from our community members who have
the intelligence to offer reasonable arguments. Octavian is not a
troll or spammer and should not be treated as such! Stop this
threating of our community members NOW!