WxPython versus Tkinter.

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Mon Jan 24 14:25:23 EST 2011

On 24/01/2011 18:05, rantingrick wrote:
> On Jan 24, 12:00 pm, Bryan<bryan.oak... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Accessibility, like internationalization, is something few programmers
>> spend much time thinking about.
>
> Thats another uninformed statement by you we can add to the mountains
> of useless cruft you have offered so far. Unicode IS
> internationalization and Guido thought it was SO important that
> Python3000 auto converts all strings to Unicode strings. Obviously he
> is moving us toward full Unicode only in the future (AS SHOULD ALL
> IMPLEMENTATIONS!). We need one and only one obvious way to do it. And
> Unicode is that way.

There's more to internationalization than just Unicode. There's the
ability to handle messages in various languages which have a different
syntax and grammar.

There's an interesting Perl-oriented article on it here:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Locale-Maketext/lib/Locale/Maketext/TPJ13.pod#A_Localization_Horror_Story:_It_Could_Happen_To_You