WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:45:13 EST 2011

From: "rantingrick" <rantingrick at gmail.com>
> Obviously it
> would be awesome, but I think Octavian is just focusing on himself, and
> not the actual big picture here.

<sarcasum> Yes Octavian is the only disabled person in the world. What
a selfish, selfish person he is. Shame on you Octavian, Shame on You!
</sarcasum>

You just showed your true colors Tyler, very sad. :(

I understand Tyler because I know some blind people.
It is very frustrating to be able to think better than many other sighted people and to be able to do very many complex things, but to not be able to do very basic things while they can do them very easy.
Because of this, many blind people try to show that they are like the sighted, that they can do everything, that they are independent, so they like to talk about the movies they watch, they like to have touch-pad mobile phones and so on, even though the accessibility of those gadgets is really low.

I don't speak from the perspective of a programmer because a programmer, even a blind one, can create the program he wants, to be accessible of course, but I speak from the perspective of the users because they are not programmers, they can't do anything to improve the accessibility of the programs that other people can use very easy.

And what's worst is that most of those inaccessible programs are not that way because the programmer that created them consciously chosen the GUI lib because of who know what specific reasons, competitive or of other kind. Most of the time the programmer uses the GUI lib that she/he knows better and think that would be easier to create the program with. Most of them don't even know about accessibility, there are very many programmers in some countries that don't even imagine that some people can use a computer with a screen reader.
Octavian