WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:58:31 EST 2011

From: "MRAB" <python at mrabarnett.plus.com>
> On 24/01/2011 18:05, rantingrick wrote:
>> On Jan 24, 12:00 pm, Bryan<bryan.oak... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Accessibility, like internationalization, is something few programmers
>>> spend much time thinking about.
>>
>> Thats another uninformed statement by you we can add to the mountains
>> of useless cruft you have offered so far. Unicode IS
>> internationalization and Guido thought it was SO important that
>> Python3000 auto converts all strings to Unicode strings. Obviously he
>> is moving us toward full Unicode only in the future (AS SHOULD ALL
>> IMPLEMENTATIONS!). We need one and only one obvious way to do it. And
>> Unicode is that way.
>>
> There's more to internationalization than just Unicode. There's the
> ability to handle messages in various languages which have a different
> syntax and grammar.
>
> There's an interesting Perl-oriented article on it here:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Locale-Maketext/lib/Locale/Maketext/TPJ13.pod#A_Localization_Horror_Story:_It_Could_Happen_To_You
> --

Perl offers a great support for I18n/L10N including its native support for UTF-8, and I am glad that Python 3 will also have improvements for it.
Just like the I18N, it would be a good idea if Python will also start to promote the accessibility, because just like the internationalization, it is targetted to make the programs accessible by as many users as possible.

Octavian