Swampy Module installation

Alan Meyer ameyer2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 22:38:52 EST 2011

On 01/18/2011 06:26 PM, Michael Rauh wrote:
> I am new to python, and attempting to install the learning module
> swampy. http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/swampy/install.html
> Unfortunately, I am attempting to do this on windows vista, which does
> not appear to be cooperating. Once I click on the install link, it
> puts the file on the computer, and even if I place the file into the
> source folder for python, it still says that there is no module
> swampy. How can I get python to recognize the module as being there,
> and to run the suite? I admit, I may be placing it in the wrong
> directory, as I have so far been unable to change the working
> directory. Online the command os.chdir is said to change the
> directory, but it keeps giving an error, and saying that os is not
> recognized. Variations on this code do not seem to work either.

Did you run:

    python setup.py install

After you unzip the package you should see a program named "setup.py"
which is a standard convention for a program to install a package.

There's information about all this, for example at:
http://docs.python.org/install/index.html, however you might find it a
little overwhelming until you get further into Python.

Good luck.

     Alan