WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:12:21 EST 2011

On Jan 25, 7:06 pm, Emile van Sebille <em... at fenx.com> wrote:
> On 1/25/2011 3:57 PM rantingrick said...
>
> > On Jan 25, 5:47 pm, Emile van Sebille<em... at fenx.com>  wrote:
>
> >> Are third party installations nonsense?
>
> > Of course not.
>
> So install wxPython and move on.

See you are missing the point again. The point behind this whole
challenge is that Tkinter is antiquity and Tkinter is making Python
into antiquity simply by being in the stdlib. That is the entire
point. Also, i have said many times that NO GUI library is TRULY 21st
century however wxPython would be a far better base to start from than
Tkinter. TclTk is never going to scale properly. The TclTk folks do
not have a vision for the future. We need to move Python forward. And
Tkinter is not forward. Tkinter is stagnation. 1990's stagnation. This
is 2011. THAT, is my point.