WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 01:18:37 EST 2011

From: "rantingrick" <rantingrick at gmail.com>
On Jan 25, 3:41 pm, Corey Richardson <kb1... at aim.com> wrote:

> Do you honestly think he was talking about the accessibility problem?
> IMO that should move to another thread, because this one is simply
> about, as the subject suggests, "WxPython versus Tkinter".

Corey again (like many) you lack a global perspective. Anybody who has
read along with his thread knows we are covering some pretty big
issues here. WxPython is just the vehicle. The big picture is simply:
Tkinter is old and in many ways insufficient for 21st century GUIs. We
need to decide what should come next. I believe wxPython is our best
hope. Wx may not be the best it can be, but it is the best we have at
this time. There is more than "meets the eye" Corey!
--

I will tell you what I think and many of you won't like this. :-)
I think that nothing is "sufficient" and nothing should last forever.

The people don't need Tkinter. They don't need WxPython. They don't need
Python. Do you think that Python is a language that will be used forever?
The people don't necessarily need to use a computer. Do you think that the
computers as they are today will be used until the end of the time?

The people do need to have an easier life, to make as little efforts as
possible and to obtain as much benefit as possible and for the moment the
computers and Python and a GUI lib help them do this, so these things are
just some other means for obtaining what they need.

What we don't agree is that some of the list members think that only the
selfishness is the right ATITUDE AND SAY THAT I should change mine because I
should care more about my own benefits and don't care at all about the
others.

Octavian