WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 01:25:22 EST 2011

From: "Emile van Sebille" <emile at fenx.com>
> On 1/25/2011 3:33 PM rantingrick said...
>
>> Tkinter is old and in many ways insufficient for 21st century GUIs. We
>> need to decide what should come next. I believe wxPython is our best
>> hope. Wx may not be the best it can be, but it is the best we have at
>> this time.
>
> Then you should immediately volunteer to bring wxPython to python3
> compatibility -- as it is, it's not even close...
>
> Start thinking about upping your game from ranting to doing.
>
> Emile

Hi Emile,

>From my point of view this discussion is finished for the moment, because
you are right, WxPython is not as fast developed as it needs, because Python
3 is not compatible with Python 2.
If no solution is found for this big problem, then yes, WxPython can't be
included in the Python distribution because there is nothing that can be
included.

I don't know why you didn't say this before. :-)

The other part of the discussion is related to the accessibility and care
for accessibility and that discussion is not nice at all, because it shows
how selfish are most of the people and they consider this a virtue.

Octavian