WxPython versus Tkinter.

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:05:29 EST 2011

On 1/26/11 11:19 AM, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> From: "Emile van Sebille"<emile at fenx.com>
>>> Well, I didn't know this, and it is a valid reason.
>>> This means that it is true that there is no enough maintainance force to
>>> keep WxPython updated.
>>> Did I understand correctly?
>>
>> Not at all -- wxPython is an active funded ongoing project. Review the
>> roadmap at http://wiki.wxpython.org/TentativeRoadmap and particularly
>> the final paragraph on Python3.x support.
>>
>> Emile
>
> But somebody said that the core Python developers, or Guido said that WxPython won't be included in the core distribution because it doesn't have a strong team of maintainers... with other words but this was the idea.

No, you are misrepresenting what was said. What is required is that someone make
an active commitment to maintain wxPython as part of the standard library
*specifically*. That means that the package has to follow Python's release
cycle. The wxPython developers do not wish to do that. They can develop wxPython
much better outside of the standard library.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco