WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 03:13:02 EST 2011

From: "Grant Edwards" <invalid at invalid.invalid>
> And, based on your behavior, you apparently don't like convincing
> others or advancing the cause of accessibility.  It seems you prefer to
> annoy and alienate others.

>From what I said, what was annoying?

>> I don't want to convince anyone, but I just want to inform the others
>> and let them know if they are doing something not recommended.
>
> IOW, you don't really care about increasing accessibility, you just
> want to hear the sound of your own voice as you shout into the wind.

Where have you seen that I don't care about accessibility?
I say that I don't need to convince because today everyone should be
convinced about accessibility, because we are talking with programmers here,
not with cow-boys.

>> but is that atitude worst than of those who don't care about
>> discriminatory practices?
>
> Yes, it is worse.  People who don't care are neither helping nor
> hurting your cause.  However, you're actively hurting it.

I was talking *only* to those who care and I just informed them that Tkinter
is not accessible. Was that so bad or so impolitely as you said?
Do you think that there are so many those who don't care (even on this list)
and I hurt them? Do you think that I should care about the feeling of those
who don't care about the accessibility? Do you think that they have bigger
problems than those who are hurt by lack of care?

> People will not separate your personality from the cause you espouse.

Wow! that's really bad.
I thought that I might find here people that might have something against my
opinions, that is very normal, that's why we are discussing, but I didn't
think that I will also find people that will have something against me, just
because of my opinions.

I know people with different political opinions, with different programming
languages preferences, that like other kind of women, that prefer other
kkind of food, with whom I have often philosophical debates often, but whith
whom I can be a good friend and collaborator and co-worker  for some
projects.

> You may not like it, but that's a fact.  If you are in favor of XYZ,
> and act rude and insulting while espousing XYZ, people will react
> against not only you but _also_ XYZ.

I know what you are reffering to. :-)
And I was hoping that there won't be people that don't like me personally
for what I think about some things that have nothing related to them
personally.
But I don't say that you are wrong. After some reactions on the list I can
say that you might be really right.

Octavian