WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:12:52 EST 2011

From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler at tysdomain.com>
> >but what's wrong is that Python promotes a GUI which is not accessible
> by including it as a default GUI.
> You seem to have overlooked this multiple times and instead decided to
> shove words in my mouth and continue on your line of selfishness which
> is justified apparently now by the fact that you are ESL. I have
> mentioned many, many times that we work to make TKInter accessible; it
> is something I plan to start working on this weekend. But rather than
> that, you seem to still want to switch gui libraries in python, which I
> might add, will not happen over night, nor will the accessibilifying (my
> new word) TKInter. It's a process that will take time. So, I ask since
> you keep jumping around this point, what is wrong with fixing TKInter?

Hi Tyler,

Nothing is wrong with adding accessibility to Tkinter. It is really great.
What's wrong is that it is not available now and I believe only what I can see, because only what can be used now can be helpful.

If Tkinter will be accessible in the future it will be very great, but it will be only in that moment. It is not now.

Now we have just your promise that you will try to make Tk accessible but I think that you agree that for the moment this has no value for those who need accessibility.

Octavian