WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 03:34:07 EST 2011

From: "Corey Richardson" <kb1pkl at aim.com>
> wxPython is the best and most mature cross-platform GUI toolkit, given a
> number of constraints. The only reason wxPython isn't the standard
> Python GUI toolkit is that Tkinter was there first.
> -- Guido van Rossum

Oh, how can Guido say this about that bad WxPython that gives those errors
under Linux... :-)

Now seriously, this is the kind of opinion that need to change. "First", at
the beginning, there were no screen readers and no accessibility was
possible. But now it is possible and if this possibility requires that kind
of change, *I think* that it would be absolutely normal to be done.
If we would say about everything that "it was first", then we should not
change anything important because of that reason.

Octavian