Understanding def foo(*args)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 31 16:22:08 EST 2011

"Rob Richardson" <Rob.Richardson at rad-con.com> writes:

> My thanks both to the original poster and to JM for an excellent answer.
> I saw this syntax for the first time recently, and I've been curious
> about it too.

Would it be correct of me to assume that you have not worked through the
entire Python tutorial <URL:http://docs.python.org/tutorial/> to get a
thorough grounding in Python basics like this?

--
 \     “I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. |
  `\          There's a knob called ‘brightness’ but it doesn't work.” |