WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:53:43 EST 2011

On Jan 25, 9:37 am, Bob Martin <bob.mar... at excite.com> wrote:

> I don't think so; it was never a requirement for the software I wrote,
> though I know I had some blind users.  But NLS was a must and it has
> to be designed in from the start - very difficult to add it later.

Thats the point i keep trying to make about accessibility. Those who
are affected directly by accessibility (the users) are not in control
of accessibilities inclusion. However those that are in control are
twice removed from the torments of needing accessibility.

What is wrong with this picture?

Well specifically, if the developers refuse (or are oblivious) to
include accessibility support then the users are just screwed! Plain
and simple. GUI library developers have a responsibility to include
support for accessibility because if they don't no one else can!