Does anyone know of a python tapi module

Alister Ware alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 2 13:57:06 EDT 2011

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 14:28:13 -1000, Werner Thie wrote:

> On 7/1/11 11:15 AM, Alister Ware wrote:
>> The subject probably say is all but to elaborate.
>>
>> I am looking for a way to communicate with a tapi driver for a PBX so I
>> can experiment with creating some CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)
>> software.
>>

> I used TAPI since its inception for quite a few projects, but am not
> aware of anything pythonic. Attempting to cough up an interface layer I
> would resort to using Chris Sells tfx wrapper fro TAPI, which helps a
> lot keeping things in check and becoming overly complex.
>
> HTH, Werner
>
> http://books.google.com/books?id=3M_mIvtdGqUC&pg=PA82&lpg=PA82&dq=chris
+sell+tfx&source=bl&ots=5UhAxbFTym&sig=7hRn0oUbyZsm_yyDvASKD-
AT1jo&hl=en&ei=w2UOTsPlBJOisAP57JyrDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ6AEwAA

thanks for taking the time to look
Unfortunately I only have a nodding acquaintance with C & don't want togo
down that route.
looks like I will have to see if I can work something out using the ctypes
module