The end to all language wars and the great unity API to come!

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 00:42:53 EDT 2011

On Jul 2, 11:00 pm, Gregory Ewing <greg.ew... at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> rantingrick wrote:
> > Ruby: for x in blah: blah_blah_blah
> > Python: for x in blah: blah_blah_blah
>
> Here you're making the mistake of thinking that surface syntax
> is all that matters. Although the 'for' statements in Python and
> Ruby look very similar, underneath they're based on quite
> different mechanisms. They're not equivalent: the Python way
> leads to various powerful things such as generators; the Ruby
> way lends itself more to user-defined control structures.

I agree however i see merit in both approaches. But why must we have
completely different languages just for that those two approaches? We
don't it's just a religious thing.  Doesn't make sense to me. If Guido
and Matz got together over some sake and Monty Python i'll bet they
could hash out a singular replacement fro Ruby and Python in no time!