The end to all language wars and the great unity API to come!

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Jul 4 03:36:54 EDT 2011

rantingrick wrote:

> I agree however i see merit in both approaches. But why must we have
> completely different languages just for that those two approaches?

We have different languages because different people have different
ideas about what a language should be like. Ruby people like user
defined control structures; Python people regard user defined
control structures as an anti-feature. It's fundamentally
impossible for one language to satisfy both sets of people.

--
Greg