Implicit initialization is EVIL!

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 11:40:02 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:19 AM, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> But let's dig a little deeper here. Your comment suggests that you
> "personally" need to create multiple windows for your applications. Is
> this correct? If so i pity any users of such application as they would
> be thoroughly confused. Most applications consist of one main window
> (a Tkinter.Tk instance). The only need for extra Toplevel windows is
> in the form of modal dialogs (use tkSimpleDialog.Dialog) or tool
> windows (use Tk.Toplevel with attribute '-toolwindow'=True).

Uhh, sorry. No. There are plenty of good reasons for one application
to make multiple top-level windows, and if I ever find myself using a
toolkit that makes this difficult, I'll either be hacking the toolkit
or using a different one. I've been building GUI applications for far
too long to not want features like that.

ChrisA