web browsing short cut

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 04:37:31 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Dustin Cheung <dustin299 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> I am looking into Tkinter. But i am not sure if it will actually work. This
> maybe a crazy idea but i was wondering if i can put a web browser in the
> frame. I have tried to use Tkinter to resize and place the windows to
> certain areas of the screen but that's not working or the way im approaching
> this problem is completely wrong. I want to make a program that will have
> websites displayed in specific areas of the screen. I was planning on using
> the program on the big screen. So is it possible to put the web browser
> inside the frame in Tkinter?

Thinking along a quite different line here, is it possible for you to
use regular frames? Create an HTML file with:

<frameset rows="50%,50%">
<frameset cols="50%,50%">
<frame src="http://blah/blah">
<frame src="http://another/blah">
</frameset>
<frameset cols="50%,50%">
<frame src="http://third/blah">
<frame src="http://final/blah">
</frameset>
</frameset>

That should divide your screen four ways (if I haven't botched my HTML
- ages since I've used frames).

ChrisA