How can I make a program automatically run once per day?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jul 9 20:40:17 EDT 2011

John Salerno <johnjsal at gmail.com> writes:

> is there some way (using Python, of course) that I can make it
> automatically run at a set time each night?

You need to use whatever facilities your operating system has for
scheduled events. That's unrelated to the language you use for
implementing the program.

On a Unix-like system (e.g. GNU+Linux), you could create a ‘cron’ job
entry.

--
 \      “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking |
  `\                               they don't have any.” —Alice Walker |