Wgy isn't there a good RAD Gui tool fo python

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Sun Jul 10 20:42:16 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Ivan Kljaic <ikljaic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok Guys. I know that most of us have been expiriencing the need for a
> nice Gui builder tool for RAD and most of us have been googling for it
> a lot of times. But seriously. Why is the not even one single RAD tool
> for Python. I mean what happened to boa constructor that it stopped
> developing. I simply do not see any reasons why there isn't anything.
> Please help me understand it. Any insights?
> --

Because RAD tools are for GUI toolkits, not for languages. If you're using
GTK, Glade works fine. Same with QT and QTDesigner. If you're using WPF with
IronPython, there's plenty of tools out there for you to use. And Boa
Constructor isn't the only RAD tool for wx- you can also use wxGlade, which
can output code in several languages in addition to XRC files (an XML file
you can load into wx from any language)